Thursday, July 3, 2014

July in the B2 level!!

First day in my new B2 classroom!!!

It was awesome!! I have 12 really good classmates and a really good teacher!
First day was introductions and the discussion topic was Heimat (home/homeland).
It was a Fitting and comfortable topic to discuss on the first day of class!

B2 is a more challenging class level because you are no longer allowed to mime your answers or use English as German word Substitutes... the real work begins!
Goal: Being able to clarify/explain anything and everything in German and only German.
Goal: Being able to clarify/explain/discuss/ Interpret complex texts.
These are just the start of what I will be able to do--this is definitely setting me up for success to be able to be a German teacher in the United States.

My class now is no longer in the mornings, but the afternoon into the evening. It goes from 1:30pm-6:00pm. Wednesdays will be long days because I will have choir rehearsal afterwards. For example, yesterday I had choir rehearsal right after I got done with class. I was not able to eat dinner until 8:30pm. It was a little late and I was pretty tired, but I didn't have any homework so it worked out just fine.

If you have any questions concerning my class or anything in Dresden/Germany, please feel free to contact me!
Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Phil. Dad and I really enjoy everything about your experience. Enjoy everyday that you have left.

    ReplyDelete